Very complex on the nose…dense and textured on the palate but remains fresh. Excellent length. A serious and complex wine and should continue to age well, though it is delicious now. Very versatile at the table. One of the best dry Moscatels I have tasted, and consistently so over the vintages.
– Julia Harding MW
Fresh, fragrant and mature, the variety shows characteristic florality (elderflower) and finesse. In the mouth it is fruity (think tangerine, citrus, green apples and actually grapes!) dry and with a luscious finish.
Straw yellow, bright, very aromatic. White flowers emerge with white fruit, citrus notes and herbal aromas, with touches of minerals (slate). Surprisingly dry. Wide mid palate with oily texture. Rich acidity. Tasty, long and persistent.
An ode to elegance…fresh notes, fruity and floral in an integrated spring. The dense, silky texture conveys a symphony of citrus, acacia flowers, fine toasted hints and pleasant notes of muscatel bitterness in all its flavoursome fullness
Prizes, Guides & Press
- On the Tasting Menus of El Celler de Can Roca since 2011
- Rose Murray Brown, 2017 “Very aromatic, grapey aromas, rich textured leesy palate with a hint of saltiness on the finish.”
- Guía Peñín 2017: 90 points
- Julia Harding 2016: “Incredible intensity without being OTT”
- Jancis Robinson’s Purple Pages 2018: 17,5/20
- Competition Sabor a Málaga 2016: Best dry white wine of Málaga
- Stephen Tanzer´s International Wine Cellar 2012: 90 points
- Guía del Vino Cotidiano 2011/12: 8,8 points (best Spanish white wine in its category)
- MiVino wine magazine July/August 2009: one of the ‘Great White Wines’ of Spain
- Blog de Fran Veredas 2013: “An excellent integration of flavours and textures that make it a wine with character, in which the whole exceeds the sum of its parts”
Buy direct from us
You can buy wines when you visit Bodegas Bentomiz – for the best price! Please get in touch to let us know when you are coming.
For orders of six boxes (36 bottles) or more, we can also ship wine, to most of mainland Europe, direct to your preferred address.Find out more
Buy from our distributors
We have distributors in Belgium, Denmark, Ireland, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.See distributors