Lovely nose, floral with sweet notes of apricot, honey, saffron…The palate is beautifully structured with great persistence; beautiful and almost historical taste.
– Andreas Larsson, world’s best sommelier 2007
Gloriously intense aroma of reduced apricots, bitter orange and sharp quince, and just a slight grapey note. Sweet and viscous with a spice that tastes like gold.
– Julia Harding MW
Grapey and bold with lovely pure honeydew melon and sweet grape fruit character, finishing spicy
– Jamie Goode
Perfumed floral aromas of Muscat de Alejandria embalm the pallet with honeyed freshness & disarming, unassuming grace.
– Mark Williamson
Attractive golden colour with lemon sparkles. Immediate aromas of mandarin, clove, orange and jasmine blossom are followed by herbs and grapefruit, a touch of slate, a hint of musk. In the mouth perfectly balanced from unctuosity to briskness; from brilliant acidity to magically pure and soft sweetness.
– Bartolomé Sánchez in MiVino
Prizes, Guides, Press
- Rose Murray Brown, The Scotsman 2017: “Such delicacy and freshness is rare in this style of wine.”
- Guía de Vinos Gourmet 2016: 94 points
- Sobremesa 2012 and 2013 – 93 points, The best sweet white from Spain
- Tasted Journal 2012 – 94 points “Top 200 blind-tasted world wines”
- ICEX Wines from Spain 2012 – Champion of the unfortified white wines
- MiVino/Vinum wine magazine: selection ‘The best of Spain 2012’
- Jancis Robinson, Purple Pages – 18 points out of 20
- Stephen Tanzer´s International Wine Cellar (2012): 90 points
- David Seijas selection – 113 Vinos para 2013
- Guía Peñín – 94 points
Buy direct from us
You can buy wines when you visit Bodegas Bentomiz – for the best price! Please get in touch to let us know when you are coming.
For orders of six boxes (36 bottles) or more, we can also ship wine, to most of mainland Europe, direct to your preferred address.Find out more
Buy from our distributors
We have distributors in Belgium, Denmark, Ireland, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.See distributors